- Sieve flour, salt and baking powder together
- Rub butter into flour until mixture resembles breadcrumbs (I put mine in a processor and it works just fine)
- Stir in sugar, fruit and nutmeg
- Beat egg and milk and add to flour mixture
- Mix well with a fork, the mixture should be stiff but not too sticky
- Divide mixture into 12 and place on greased baking tray
- Bake at 200 degrees for 15-20 minutes
The white container held chocolate and cinnamon butter which went on the fruit and nut loaf - as you can see someone wiped their finger around the dish - yes it was that nice!