Friday 7 May 2010

Life is great ...

when your 5 1/2!


Especially when your space hopper has just been fully pumped up again!



Even when you're hopping so high that you lose your hat!


Maia has gone through a HUGE stage of development recently.  The other week she was riding her bike, with training wheels.  We went round to a friend's and on the way home I asked her if she would like Daddy to take off the training wheels and take her up the school to have a go on the playground.  She did.  However, before her dad had even stood up from taking the training wheels she was off riding.



Yes, I'll write that again - SHE WAS RIDING.  She was riding her bike around the garden.  Not just in straight lines, she was riding and turning and going around things.  We asked her how she had done it and she just said her feet knew what to do!


How does this happen?  In the past I have always been somewhat sceptical when I have heard people say "Oh, little Billy just did x, y or z" you always think "Yeah, right sure he did!".  But I give you my word, Maia DID just ride her bike!  And she hasn't stopped since!


Jokes are also featuring a lot in our household.   Most of them of the "knock knock" variety and not making much sense to mum and dad but cracking up the girls!  However, Maia came out with this beauty the other day:

Why did the banana go to the doctors?

Because he wasn't peeling very well!!!!!!

Well it had both her dad and I laughing!

We're away to the beach for a couple of nights and an outdoor survival course on Sunday.  Wishing you all a great weekend. x

PS I've also managed to cross another of the undone quilt projects of my list but no photos yet so will share next week. x

No comments: