Monday 16 February 2009

A block a day

We joined the library on Saturday and I was as eager as the girls to look to see what books they had. I managed to find 8 to check out in record time, the girls obviously didn't want to be in the adult section when there was much more fun to be had in the children's! The best book is 200 Crochet blocks by Jan Eaton. As it says it's a book detailing 200 different blocks to crochet. I think it is beautiful! The pictures are really clear and the instructions very simple to follow. As my dressmaking last week didn't go so well I just wanted to make something quickly and easily so I've decided to make a block a day this week. I think I'll then make it into a block for a friend's new baby boy, although the addition of the pink does make it a touch girly!


So here's Saturday and Sunday's contribution:
Bobble diamond




Spinner



They've obviously not been blocked yet, hence the curly edges, but they have turned out the same which is always a bonus!

1 comment:

Jem said...

It looks gorgeous, and such a good idea to break it up into a more manageable task of a block a day. I can't wait to see the finished article ;0)