For many reasons I have found that I am buying nearly everything second hand. In no particular order the reasons are:
- to save money
- to re-use/re-purpose what is already in circulation
- the quality of the goods can be far greater than modern day equivalents
- things have a used patina so no more 'wearing it in'
- to grab a bargain
- to buy things that you wouldn't necessarily buy at full price but which are 'pretty'
- to share in someone's history by loving their item once again
- knowing we have certain items back in the UK so why buy another - although we may need it here too
- and I guess best of all because it's fun!
So that I don't overdo this blog with all my fantastic finds I have, today, set up another one. Can you believe it - I hadn't even read a blog 8 months ago but it's pretty addictive and I guess I would like of record of what I've bought. I think that's kind of weird actually but hey ho! So if you fancy a nosey at To Be Loved Again it's over here. And if you come across any good thrifting blogs be sure to point me in their direction.
I've also managed to get my blocks finished for Monday and Tuesday (I've got to finish today's after this):
We're off to the beach for a few days tomorrow so hope you all have a great weekend.
PS I went back to Weightwatchers this evening and I've lost 1.7kg - I wasn't really too sure if that was good or not but when I converted it to pounds I was stoked - 3.8lbs!