Tuesday 26 May 2009

Our Trip Part 2 - The Girls

How do you get two girls, two suitcases, two handluggage bags and a picnic from the domestic terminal to the international terminal at Auckland airport? We walked like this! To be honest this was what I was most worried about - all the bags and two little girls but we managed admirably!





A quiet moment on the plane. I realised I took way too much hand luggage - I think I had things for every eventuality and then some. Maia and Cassia are now of the age that TV amuses them for a long time and Cassia's best coping mechanism for long haul flights? To fall asleep for most of it!




Two very startled girls during the treasure hunt I did on Easter Sunday. Maia loves them - the kind where you put picture/word clues around the house/garden and they lead you to the next one. It was the first time that Cassia joined in and she loved it too. And at the end of the treasure hunt? A chocolate bunny. I have to admit that I have never bought the girls an easter egg yet and a small chocolate bunny seemed to thrill them just as much.



We visited a few National Trust properties near my parents and this photo shows Cassia in the hedge. And I mean she was really was in the middle of a huge hedge having found a little entrance to push through further down the path!



What do little girls get up to with their older cousins?




Two little flower fairies in a beautiful blooming magnolia tree.




I think my two daughters may have a future packing down in the front row! Hit them hard and low!


Good tackle!


Cassia about to play in the garden before breakfast in her pyjamas - isn't that what holidays are all about?!














1 comment:

Heart Felt said...

Welcome home, hope the cold isn't too horrible for you! Lovely photographs, such beautiful smiles. xx