Tuesday, 23 June 2009

I finally admit defeat!

I'm not very good at admitting defeat but these curtains have beaten me I'm afraid to say! I had 7 curtains of various sizes and conditions and I thought it would be more than enough to fit the windows in one of the rooms in the house. I thought, I measured, I thought some more and I finally thought I had it. The scissors got to work and I was happy. It was always going to be a jigsaw to get them done (they were too short for our windows and even a simple border top and bottom wasn't going to suffice) but I reckoned I'd done it. I even sewed one side. I assumed that both sides would be made the same (that's how I make curtains) but of course they weren't. The border they had put on was all out of pattern match. I could have carried on and I could now have something at our window BUT I stopped. I realised that no matter what I did I wouldn't be happy with them - they would always look like a botch job - and that although they only cost me $7 they were going to take a lot of time and energy. So back to the drawing board on that one and still very cold rooms without curtains!

In fact I was so fed up with them I have folded it all up and put it up in a high cupboard - I don't even want to look at the fabric at the moment! The only good use I can think of at the moment is if a local production of The Sound of Music is performed and I could make the von Trapp children's outifts to run on the hills!

3 comments:

Gina said...

How frustrating. But no doubt you'll find another use for the fabric. Even for stuffing other things!! Good idea to put it away for a while... hope you find something to keep you warm soon!

lovestitches said...

Grrr projects like that are so frustrating, you never find out until halfway through. Hope you find a solution soon, curtains equals warmer rooms!

Heart Felt said...

Good idea to put them away for another day - it's a big project to take on....xx