Sunday 8 March 2009

My deepest sympathies

I haven't done a post like this before and don't really know how to do it but I guess I'll just say how I feel. What I was going to post about seems pretty insignificant now.

Yesterday I was driving back from the Martinborough Fair and noticed that the bridge just outside Woodville before you enter the Manawatu Gorge was all sealed of by police. I guess I really took notice because we were just on it last weekend. I, of course, wondered what had happened, told Craig when I got home and then promptly forgot about it.

I just saw the news headlines and a young girl lost her life there yesterday. She was a new student at Massey and was doing an Orientation Week activity with the Alpine Club. Apparently there were 100 people and about 80 had down the bridge swing before her. It was her turn but she didn't survive.

What can you say? What a tragic loss of life. My whole heart goes out to her family and I hope they find some way of getting through this ......

No comments: