I've wanted to make some neck warmers for a while now and used the market as the reason! The prototype was made for Maia and she loves it so I thought I would make some more to sell. The outside patchwork is from cotton from thrifted or offcut material and it is lined with flannette cotton, again thrifted. They are finished with a vintage button from my stash!
Thumbs up from Maia and I love them for the reason that they keep little necks warm with no worries about long scarf ends flying around and getting trapped .... In fact I think I'll make one up in adult size for me next week!
- Mum decides to make something for child
- Child likes the idea of having something made just for them
- Mum feels good that she is making something for them
- Mum finishes the something
- Child looks at the something as if it is a monster/disgusting/cat poo (delete as appropriate)
- Child will not try the something on
- Mum bribes child to try the something on so they can get a photo
- Either bribery fails and the photo is taken sans child or bribery works but the photo is ruined by child's face