Sunday 20 June 2010

What a wonderful weekend ...

including lots of my favourite things.  

Saturday was filled with:

garage sales
op shoppping
coffee
clear blue sunny skies


washing drying outside in winter - including some of my garage sales finds

outside playing
being able to have the windows and doors open all day


our beautiful rosemary which will be full of the beautiful flowers from now until December

playing about with my ANZAC Bee blocks


sewing



Sunday dawned grey and wet so a day inside was called for, including:

cleaning
friends for morning tea and playing
sorting through my op shop finds
reading the Sunday papers
more coffee
a little bit more sewing on my quilt top


cooking something new for tea.


chicken and mushroom pie followed by ice cream - delicious!

All in all a lovely time had by all.  How was yours? x

10 comments:

A Life Less Complicated said...

Your quilt looks amazing so far! We have had pretty yucky weather here - no sun all weekend :(
And even though I've had my rosemary for two years I don't remember it flowering! I guess that goes to show I don't take alot of notice in the Winter!

Charlotte Scott said...

Go the quilt! Glad you had a good weekend. I had a great day sewing today which makes up for the sick husband moping day yesterday ;)

Stella said...

Hi! Yes you are more than welcome to join in next time! Keep an eye on my blog as I will issue another invite once this one is all done and you can jump in then :-)

clare said...

That's so funny that you just discovered my blog today, I was just looking at your felt shop today!

angelina said...

omgosh that chicken pot pie. i've got the homemade sauce to go with .... man, i hear you on winter clothes drying. ive got clothes hanging everywhere inside, its crazy!!!

gardenmama said...

It looks and sounds like a lovely weekend! : )

christine said...

Sounds like my kind of weekend. Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hello :)

hanna said...

sounds like a lovely weekend indeed!

Heart Felt said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend....the quilt looks incredible. xx

Jan Gartlan said...

I love rosemary too! I also adore your quilt. Can't wait to see it finished.