Friday 1 August 2008

1st knitting project

I don't know what came over me the other day - I said that I would enter a 'hand knitted item' in the village Flower Show - and I don't even knit! I learnt when I was younger but haven't done it in ages. Luckily I found this idea on the NZ House & Garden website. My mum had some wool and needles and my niece had some beading wire so I had no excuses. The buttons are didn't photogaph that well but are beautiful glass one that we're in a button box I received from Freecycle. Needless to say, I am somewhat pleased with my attempt.


I already had a recently crocheted item I just now have to make the 'handmade toy' and 'handmade doorstop' - not forgetting to help the girls with their entries!

2 comments:

nocton4 said...

Perfect, looks great.
A winner I think
x

sweetp said...

Oh I just went and checked that pattern. How freakin cool is that??? I love the colour you chose. Very cool. Good Luck!