Tuesday 26 August 2008

Some firsts ...

Maia had her first visit from an imaginary friend yesterday - Lukey lukey! I don't remember having one but certainly didn't dissuade Maia, in fact I thought it could be quite a good idea because it might keep her busy for some time. What I hadn't bargained for was the fact that Lukey lukey went absolutely everywhere with her which meant that whenever Cassia approached she was quickly pushed away 'because she's stepping on Lukey lukey', or for the fact that one 'friend' morphed into 3 'friends' rather rapidly - so we currently have Lukey lukey, Nukey nukey and Tukey tukey :0)
The other milestone we reached yesterday was Maia cutting her own hair! She came to sit on me and I saw a huge hunk of her hair and couldn't figure out where it had come from. I put it in the bin and relegated it to something I'd just never know so let it go. Then when I went to the table I saw more - and it had a very straight edge to it so I knew it had been cut and not pulled. Luckily I couldn't even see where it had been cut from so I think we've got off rather lightly!

4 comments:

sweetp said...

Cute!!!

Julie said...

Cool...imaginary friends! I alsways wanted an imaginary friend when I was little as both my cousins had them and they went everywhere with them. Of course now I just wonder why I didn't IMAGINE one up, but I suppose that I thought they were real.

It is funny you write about hair cutting as both of my kids have cut their own hair on the last couple of months. I too kept coming across long strands of blone hair and when I looked at Talia's hair she had a new long fringe..... Luckily it didn't look too bad. Then Kalem aged 7 1/2... cut his hair a few weeks later, this I couldn't believe, but in hindsight I just think he wanted it shorter!!! We have now taken him to a haridresser..

Have fun with Lukey Lukey...X

Jem said...

I remember cutting my tiny tears hair but never my own - lets hope this 1st is a last :0)

nocton4 said...

am trying not to laugh, really I am
x