Friday 8 August 2008

The wonderful world of Blogland

Well I have been well and truly sucked in! Having not read a blog until a few months ago and, to be honest, not really understood what they were or why people did them, the last couple of days have been a revelation. Some very kind people have visited me and left comments and I have visited them - is that not how it works?! I've then clicked on some of their links, and so on and so on. What a huge wonderful world is out there. Having spent years justifying myself for what others see as hoarding it's great to see other people have made it an artform and a living from it! Having moved many times and sent containers to the other side of the world, and back again (!), some might agree with my husband when he asks "Do you really need that now?", "Is that box of 'memories' really coming with us?" (in fact it was more like boxes). Yes it really was worth it all! I have been unpacking some of them recently and have unearthes some much loved and treasured possessions from my childhood that I guess I can call vintage now. Is the 1970s vintage?!! I've loads of things I'd like to show you but need to get them dusted down and photographed - and maybe a sunny day to take good ones!



A beautiful crocheted blanket I found here.






And an amazing patchwork skirt found here.


These are just a few of the blogs I have found. I really must find a way of organising them because I see such beautiful and inspiring things and then don't know how to get back to them!



2 comments:

Liz said...

Wow, that skirt is fantastic! And I had a blanket just like that one. Sadly, I believe the 70s is classed as vintage nowadays. That makes me feel old!

Jem said...

Such a gorgeous photo - and I just love your skirt! Your "new look" blog looks fabulous x