Friday 29 August 2008

Pledge Update ... 1 down 6 to go

1 I will take active steps to stop junk mail being delivered to my home
Thanks to mama4 for the following link http://www.stopjunkmail.org.uk - so I have opted out of the Royal Mail 'door-to-door service' - just have to wait for forms to arrive and then send them back.
The Mailing Preference Service is a service whereby you can opt out of receiving direct mail. I have used this service before, when we were receiving mail for the previous owner who was deceased, but I had forgotten about it. I have just registered - it took quite a while because we have had 5 addresses since returing to the UK so I've had to register them all!!! We also receive a lot of mail for the previous owners, and others!!!, and you can regsiter their names too so you don't get their marketing mail either - I think I may just have saved a tree!

1 comment:

Jem said...

Brilliant progress already!