Sunday 31 August 2008

Pledge Update ... 3 down 4 to go

2 I will offer one unwanted item on Freecycle or take to a charity shop

This one was a little bit easy for me - because I LOVE freecycle!!!! Had a good sort out and everything in the picture had to go. The green bag is full of things for the charity shop, but there was no way I was heading into town on a Saturday afternoon so will call in first thing Monday. The rest was offered on freecycle mid-afternoon and everthing had been claimed by teatime - half has been collected already and the rest should be picked up tomorrow! What a great system - big cheers to the person who thought of it and all those who act as moderators. I was discussing the pledges and freecycle with Craig and he asked how many things he thought I had offered. So of course this got me thinking and I thought I'd check - the grand total to date is 132! I have also received some amzing things, both as replies to their offers and also from my wanteds. The generosity of people has never failed to amaze me and as I look around me whilst I type I can see at least half a dozen items that I've collected - thank you. x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, you're doing well with your pledges! Nothing like having a good clear out =]

Jem said...

Big fans of freecycle here too :0)